- Name: Martin Luther King Jr.
- Age at Death: 39 years old
- Height: 5ft 7in (171 cm)
- Occupation: Civil Rights Activist
- Net Worth: US $250 Thousand
- Status: Deceased
Martin Luther King Jr. was an American baptist minister, social activist, and leader of the African-American Civil Rights Movement. He was born on January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia. He attended Morehouse College (B.A.), Crozer Theological Seminary (B.D.) and Boston University (Ph.D.).
King became pastor of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church in 1954. He led the 1955 Montgomery Bus Boycott in an effort to end racial segregation on public transportation. He founded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) in 1957 and became its first president. King delivered his iconic “I Have a Dream” speech on August 28, 1963 in front of the Lincoln Memorial during the March on Washington. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964 for his nonviolent stance against racism.
Martin Luther King Jr. had a net worth of $250 thousand. He was assassinated on April 4, 1968 at the age of 39. He was married to “Coretta Scott” from 1953 to his death. He had four children; Yolanda, Martin III, Dexter and Bernice. ‘Martin Luther King, Jr. Day’ became a United States federal holiday in 1986.
Martin Luther King Jr. Age, Birthday, Married
- Birth Name: Michael Luther King
- Birthday: January 15, 1929
- Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- How Tall : Height: 5ft 7in (171 cm)
- Occupation: Civil Rights Activist, Minister
- Net Worth 2017: US $250 Thousand
- Marriage(s): Coretta Scott
- Death-O-Meter: Dead
- Died: April 4, 1968
- Cause of Death: Assassination
- Place of Death: Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
- Official Site: thekingcenter.org