- Name: Nelson Mandela
- Age at Death: 95 years old
- Height: 6ft 0in (183 cm)
- Occupation: Politician
- Net Worth: US $10 Million
- Status: Deceased
Nelson Mandela was a South African politician, anti-apartheid revolutionary and the first black president of South Africa. He was born on July 18, 1918 in Mvezo, South Africa. Mandela attended Healdtown followed by the University College of Fort Hare. He also studied law at the University of Witwatersrand.
Mandela Joined the African National Congress (ANC) in 1942 and led a peaceful campaign against the South African government, racism and inequality. He spent a total of 27 years behind bars but kept fighting for a democratic and free society. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1993 for his efforts. Mandela served as president of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. As of 2009, June 18th is recognized as ‘Mandela Day’. The day is used to promote peace and to celebrate his legacy.
Nelson Mandela died on December 5, 2013 at his home in Johannesburg after battling a prolonged respiratory infection. He was 95. Mandela was 6ft tall and had a net worth of $10 million. He was married three times, first to Evelyn Ntoko Mase (1944-57), followed by Winnie Madikizela (1958-96), and finally Graça Machel (1998-2013). He had six children, Madiba, Makgatho, Makaziwe, Maki, Zenai and Zindziswa.
Nelson Mandela Age, Birthday, Married
- Birth Name: Rolihlahla Mandela
- Birthday: July 18, 1918
- Place of Birth: Mvezo, Eastern Cape, South Africa
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- How Tall : Height: 6ft 0in (183 cm)
- Occupation: Politician, Philanthropist, Lawyer
- Net Worth 2017: US $10 Million
- Marriage(s): Evelyn Ntoko Mase, Winnie Madikizela, Graça Machel
- Death-O-Meter: Dead
- Died: December 5, 2013
- Cause of Death: Respiratory infection
- Place of Death: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Official Site: nelsonmandela.org