- Name: Bill Gates
- Age: 61 years old
- Height: 5ft 10in (178 cm)
- Occupation: Business Magnate
- Net Worth: US $79.5 Billion
- Status: Alive
Bill Gates is an American entrepreneur, computer programmer and co-founder of the software company, Microsoft. He was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington. His mother, Mary, was a businesswoman and his father, William, was an attorney and philanthropist. He has two sisters, Kristianne and Libby.
Gates attended Lakeside School where he first developed an interest in computer programming. He mastered a series of programing languages including BASIC, Fortran, and Lisp. His early projects included a program for ‘tic-tac-toe’ and another one for assigning students to classes. Gates graduated with honors in 1973 with a near perfect SAT score. He continued his education at Harvard College but dropped out before completing a degree.
Gates met future business partner Paul Allen while attending Lakeside School. The two co-founded Microsoft (formerly Micro-Soft) in 1975. Through hard work and aggressive business strategy, Microsoft evolved into the world’s largest PC software company. Gates served as Microsoft’s CEO from 1975-2000, and chairman from 1975-2014. His current job title at Microsoft is ‘Technology Advisor’. He became director of Warren Buffett‘s Berkshire Hathaway in 2004.
Bill Gates is one of the world’s wealthiest with an estimated net worth of $79.5 billion. He married ‘Melinda French’ in 1994 and together they have three children Jennifer, Rory, and Phoebe.
Bill Gates Age, Birthday, Married
- Birth Name: William Henry Gates III
- Birthday: October 28, 1955
- How Old : Age: 61 years old
- Place of Birth: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- How Tall : Height: 5ft 10in (178 cm)
- Occupation: Business Leader, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist
- Years Active: 1975–present
- Net Worth 2017: US $79.5 Billion
- Marriage(s): Melinda Ann French
- Death-O-Meter: Alive
- Official Site: gatesnotes.com