- Name: Edgar Mitchell
- Age at Death: 85 years old
- Height: 5ft 11in (181 cm)
- Occupation: Astronaut
- Net Worth: Pending
- Status: Deceased
Edgar Mitchell was a NASA astronaut, naval aviator, test pilot and engineer. He was the Lunar Module Pilot of Apollo 14 and the sixth Earthling to walk the moon’s surface. Mitchell believed that aliens exist and that the government is hiding the truth about UFO’s from the public. He was born on September 7, 1930 in Hereford, Texas. He grew up in Artesia, New Mexico and was an active member in the Boy Scouts of America.
Mitchell held Bachelor of Science degrees in Industrial Management (1952) and Aeronautics (1961). He completed his Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics at MIT in 1964. He completed flight training in 1954 and flew A3 aircraft from 1957 to 1958. He was selected by NASA in 1966 and became a backup pilot for Apollo 10 in 1969. Two years later he served as Lunar Module Pilot on Apollo 14 which launched on January 31, 1971. He logged 216 hours and 42 minutes in space before retiring from NASA in 1972.
Edgar Mitchell died at the age of 85 on February 4, 2016 at a West Palm Beach hospice. His death came one day before the anniversary of his lunar landing. He was married three times to wives Louise Randall (1951-1972), Anita Rettig (1972-1984) and Sheilah Ledbetter (1989-1998). He had six children named Karlyn, Elizabeth, Kimberly, Mary Beth, Adam and Richard. He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Richard Nixon in 1970.
Edgar Mitchell Age, Birthday, Married
- Birth Name: Edgar Dean Mitchell
- Birthday: September 17, 1930
- Place of Birth: Hereford, Texas, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- How Tall : Height: 5ft 11in (181 cm)
- Occupation: Astronaut, Naval Aviator, Test Pilot
- Net Worth 2017:
- Marriage(s): Louise Elizabeth Randall, Anita Orr Rettig, Sheilah Ann Ledbetter
- Death-O-Meter: Dead
- Died: February 4, 2016
- Cause of Death: Not Disclosed
- Place of Death: Lake Worth, Florida, U.S.